So you've heard about exogenous ketones but not sure what they are or how they can benefit you? NutriScience has you covered...
Keto Fuel is an exogenous ketone supplement containing a therapeutic dose of the ketone body beta-hydroxybutyrate and MCTs designed to induce acute nutritional ketosis without having to adhere to a strict keto diet.
Ketosis is the state the body finds itself in, either from a Low Carb High Fat Diet (LCHF) or a result of raised blood glucose levels. Simply by taking Keto Fuel supplements, your body can achieve this metabolic state without the hard work of maintaining a keto diet. Keto Fuel was developed to provide users with a supplemental form of ketones that both tastes pleasant and can be easily added to any beverage.
Put simply, the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. Normally when you eat something high in carbs, your body produces glucose and insulin. Glucose is the easiest molecule for your body to convert and use as energy. Insulin is produced to process all this glucose in your bloodstream by taking it around the body. As glucose is being used as the primary energy source, your fats are not needed, therefore your body stores these unnecessary fats. Simply by taking Keto Fuel supplements your body can achieve this metabolic state without the hard work of maintaining a keto diet.
Ketones deliver over 25% more energy per gram than carbs, and more energy than fat or protein making them an efficient energy source.
Ketone bodies are a natural fuel source that has been powering our hunter gatherer ancestors since time began. Only recently, however, with new research have the multiple benefits of oral supplementation with ketone salts and esters for human health & function been confirmed (1).
Ketones: Esters vs Salts
Keto Fuel contains ketone salts in the form of the sodium salt of beta-hydroxybutyrate. This is in contrast with ketone esters, which in a nutshell are two ketone compounds joined together without the presence of salt. At the time of writing, the production and sale of ketone esters are under patent protection and therefore not available commercially. It is also common knowledge that oral ketone esters are very expensive (more so than ketone salts).
Recent studies have shown that ketone bodies also have specific anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties, making them an ideal supplement not just for improved physical and mental function, but also longevity.
Ketones: Keto Fuel Benefits
- Useful both as a performance and cognitive aid
- Ketone bodies have proven appetite suppression properties, making them ideal for dieters
- Use in conjunction with adoption of a low carb high fat (LCHF) or ketogenic diet to minimise fatigue and reduce sugar cravings
- Take before and during exercise to improve fat utilisation and offset glycogen use(1)
- Oral supplementation with ketones is proven to reduce lactate levels during exercise(1)
- Ideal for individual and team sports requiring heightened mental function
- Useful during times of mental stress such as exams or challenging work demands
Keto Fuel Features
- 8.34g of beta-hydroxybutyrate (derived from sodium dl-beta-hydroxybutyric acid) in each serve
- Pleasant tasting
- Easily mixes in water, coffee, sports drinks or juice.
1. Cox et al., Nutritional Ketosis Alters Fuel Preference and Thereby Endurance Performance in Athletes, Cell Metabolism (2016).